Friday, September 25, 2009

What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been


Indeed it has!

Brewfest was my last holiday I needed for the achievement What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been, as I'm sure it has for everyone who had been keeping up with the holidays and working for a year to get the mount.

I went about it much in the same way as most have: doing all the achievements left in the Brewfest section of the World Events, leaving Disturbing the Peace for last. Rather than just purchase the clothes, I had intent to return them after I had gotten that achievement.



So I'd gotten enough for the Brewfest Regalia and the Brewfest Boots (I had the Brown Brewfest Hat from last year) and bought them.



Oh yes, the refund blue text. I like it! As long as you don't keep the items in your inventory too long or alter them in anyway (armor kits, enchants, etc.), you can just give them back and get your tokens returned. You can wear them and they're still refundable, which is awesome.



Like renting a tux for a wedding. It's probably going to come back the same way too: covered in alcohol, bridesmaid spunk, and smelling like hell. At least in the game, you don't lose your deposit.

I took the zepp to Warsong Hold, the FP to Dalaran, and drank my face off. Then I targeted an AFK'd dwarf hunter at the landing point and did that dynamite /dance.



That dwarf didn't know what hit him. Dirty, mannish bridesmaid. It's cool, I couldn't tell if it was male or female, but really, who can? Boobs, moobs, ehh. Both are hairy, (s)he was AFK, and I was drunk (don't use that at an actual wedding as an excuse when you get with sasquatch). I haphazardly made my way to the mailbox with the grace of a 2000ms latency retarded chimp with palsy.



“To not celebrate our victories is another form of defeat.” So true, Life-Bender, so true. I'm going to drink more. That'll make me more victorious. Nobody likes a loser.

So I turned on this bad boy, jumped off Krasus' Landing, and totally RUI'd (Riding Under the Influence) that sucka. Sidenote: what if there were traffic cops in this game? Yea, it'd be balls.

I came to notice that things felt weird, and at first I thought, hey, I'm drunk (in-game and IRL), perhaps it's the inebriation. Maybe things are quicker and whip by you at lightning speeds when you're this shitfaced. I looked at my buff bar and happened to mouse over the proto-drake buff.



Oh shit son! I'm faster than your average bear! That's pretty sick! I had no idea this mount was going to be that fast! I just thought the Mudder's Milk was just really really good today.

I went back to the Brewfest Camp in Durotar and returned the sullied garments for a full refund. The goblin gave me a reluctant grimace as he took my beer and sweat drenched clothes from me and gave me back all my tokens. I used the tokens to get the Brewfest Pony Keg (I've always wanted one, but never got it for one reason or another), the Pint-Sized Pink Elekk (damn Peanut wannabe), and Blix's Eyesight Enhancing Romance Goggles (mmm, sexy orcs). 'Twas a grand holiday!